Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

New Dress

It has been a while but my house is clean, kids are fed and I am blogging away.

I got this fabric at Walmart for $1 a yard.  That's right 1 buck.  So I should have bought a lot but I am on a budget so I just purchased what I need.  I think I got 2 yards.  So 2 dollars in so far and I will have a dress.  I had to buy a zipper and matching thread and that was way more than the fabric so I think I did it all for around $8.  Still a good deal and so cute.  The best part...I always cut my dresses a little longer than the pattern so there won't be any growing out of for a while.  This is for my daughter.  She actually likes it.

I used a Simplicity pattern.  I don't always use patterns.  I had this in the stash and I like how the sleeves were.  The dress has tulip sleeves that cross over.  When I follow (mostly) a pattern what that really means is I cut out my fabric using the pieces, look at the directions, find an easier way to put together and add different things, like belts, flowers, shorten, lengthen.  So I guess I really used a guide and then went my own route.  Here are the pictures.



Don't you love the food in the pictures!

5 comments:

  1. It turned out lovely!! Great work. Love the added details. I hope you stop by and link up to Make It Wear It @ TheTrainToCrazy.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, this is so sweet. and what a cute model :)

    Thank you for participating in the Craft Therapy Session with Life in the Pitts

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a sweet dress, I love it! The model is even cuter! Thanks for linking up this cute project on Sweet Charli!

    ReplyDelete