Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fall Garland




Here is a simple Fall Garland that I put together today.  It was very simple to do and turned out great.

Supplies Needed:
Styrofoam pumpkins or gourds
Ribbon (can use jute)
fake leaves
glue gun
large yard needle
drill and drill bit

Okay, first I gathered my supplies and then with the drill and drill bit, I drilled through the middle of my pumpkins and gourds.  Then I wanted to use jute but I could not find mine anywhere in the house.  I had some orange polka dot ribbon that is 3/8 inch wide.  I threaded my large yarn needle with the ribbon and threaded through the pumpkin and gourds.  I had to use a little thing to push my needle through.  Once I got that done, I made sure there 6-10 inches between each fruit item.  Are pumpkins a fruit or a vegetable?  Not really relevant I guess.  Then I started gluing the leaves between the fruits.  I made a loop on each end of the garland and hung it up.  When I looked at it hanging up some of the ribbon was all twisted and such so I glued some more leaves on both sides of the ribbon so when it twisted you wouldn't see the veins on the leaves.  It really added to my lack of Halloween decor items.

No comments:

Post a Comment