Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sweet Potato Casserole

Here is a recipe from another sister, I am not sure where she got it from.  So good.  My husband hates sweet potatoes but he ate this and said it was good.  It is that good.

3 cups sweet potatoes
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
4 T melted butter
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Topping
4 T melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans

Instructions:
Cook sweet potatoes, I put mine in the oven until they are well cooked let them cool and then peel off skins with my fingers no knife needed.  Put them in a bowl add rest of ingredient (minus the topping ones) and mix together with mixer.  It will be creamy.  Fill a casserole dish.  Then mix together topping ingredients and spread over sweet potatoes.

I probably use twice as much sweet potatoes as called for so I get more vegetable value and sugar.

Enjoy!

Once you make these, you will never go back.  Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment